If you think fast food is junk food, think again! Check out the following list of quick pick-me-ups and add some new items to your repertoire. Bon Appétit!
- Almonds, cashews, pistachios, walnuts, etc.
- Pumpkin (pepita), flax, sunflower, and chia seeds, etc.
- Coconut cream concentrate, or tahini butter by the spoon or as a dip for:
- Mini peppers
- Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.
- Seasonal fruits such as apples, plums, pears, bananas, oranges, mangoes, etc.
- Hummus — as a dip or spread for veggies and/or fruit
- Eggs — hardboiled, scrambled, etc.
- Additive-free applesauce or oatmeal with ground cinnamon and ground flax seed
- Protein smoothies
- If dairy is tolerated: cottage cheese, string cheese, holistic yogurts, etc.
When looking for healthy fast foods, nutrient-dense, fiber-filled foods provide the highest level of satiety. Quick pick-me-ups such as a handful of broccoli and cashews put hunger in its place and offer you the perfect fuel to tackle the rest of the day.
Got a favorite healthy food that’s fast? Let me know!