10 USES FOR YOUR LEFTOVER EASTER EGGS
Yes, Easter was just a few days ago, and it’s likely you’re still in a jelly bean, marshmallow peep, and chocolate bunny sugared-out daze. I’ll leave the disposal of your extra candy stash up to you, but here’s a few egg-stra special tips on what to do with your left over hard boiled eggs.
Use up the eggs and get a bit of extra protein in your diet this week. Peel them first and then:
1) — Chop or slice them up to add to wraps, salads, sandwiches, salads, and soups.
2) — Cut them in half, scoop out the yolks and make deviled eggs. Yum!
3) — Of course, there’s always egg salad 😉
And … don’t throw away the shells!
Collect the clean and dried shells in a bowl and:
4) — Crush and spread them in your garden. Pests don’t like ‘em — roses love ‘em!
5) — Use small pieces to decorate art and craft projects — especially good with dyed shells
6) — Grind them up and add to outdoor wild bird feeders
7) — Poke ‘em down the garbage disposal for a bit of extra scrubbing
8) — Speaking of scrubbing, crush up a few shells to scour your gunked-up pots and pans
9) — Add crushed shells to potting soil for added nutrients
10) — Add to your compost pile for added calcium
Hope this list jump starts your own inspiration to get egg-stra creative this year! What do YOU do with left over Easter eggs?