FIVE FALL EASY PEASY METABOLISM BOOSTS!
Want to rev up your metabolism and keep your fat burning system stoked throughout the Fall and Winter? Don’t skip over the obvious –
Move it AND lose it!
Movement (fitness) can be your very best friend, especially at this time of year. When every fiber of your being craves a cave (i.e. hibernation), fight it! Lunge for the book you just dropped on the floor, do bicep curls with a can of Lima beans, stretch your arms overhead to put dishes away on a top shelf. Get the body moving each and every day and you’ll be able to lose pounds and gain extra energy – all this while making the best of the craziest time of the year.
Kick your body’s metabolism into gear by creating your own simple fitness routine. Shift from idle to revved up with movement. So, right now — get off your couch or bed. Get up from your office chair, dining room chair, or bean bag chair. Move the body in some way each and every day.
Try these activities on for size and drop a size by Christmas!
1) Walk – Feel the fallen leaves crunch under your favorite worn walking shoes. Breath in the crisp Fall air and discover new and wonderful things about your neighborhood, local park, or beach. Clear your mind and nurture your soul with each step.
2) Practice Tai Chi and Qigong in the park. Find a local class that meets at least weekly. Don’t worry about getting every move right. Getting the body moving is what’s important. If you can’t find an outdoor class, look to local community centers for their class listings.
3) Buy, rent, or borrow a new and interesting Fitness DVD. Have you tried T-Tapp’s Basic Workout Plus? It’s a great way to get a good workout at home! Teresa Tapp has dozens of workouts to choose from so peruse her site and pick something new to try. It just can’t get more convenient than this.
4) Join a local Dance class and boogie away your blues. Did you know that dancing is not only great physical exercise, but it’s also a wonderful mood enhancer? What’s your favorite – salsa, swing? I know you’ve been secretly wishing to learn the tango 😉
5) Take weekend (or weekday!) Bicycling trips to local nature centers, boardwalks, lake paths, or parks. Get the whole family involved. Pedal your way to new adventures.
Make movement a priority and make it happen. Movement isn’t only great for the body – it’s great for the MIND, too! Moving the body every day benefits you by creating a healthier sense of well-being. And don’t forget that exercise is a FAB detox. It’s a great way to keep the body healthy inside and out. And, there’s more — a regular fitness program is a positive way to deal with stress, anxiety, depression, pain, problem solving, sleep issues, and bone strength.
Wanna stay motivated to move? Here are a few BONUS tips:
* Stay hydrated – drink plenty of clean, pure, filtered water
* Support you and your fitness program with whole, natural, fiber-rich, nutrient-dense, foods
* Incorporate deep breathing exercises into your movement
* Be gentle as you begin, but make it challenging
* Schedule your exercise – keep it consistent
* Track your progress – write it on your calendar, notebook, or fitness chart
* Enlist an accountability partner to keep you on track
* Pat yourself on the back often with Healthy Rewards (no unhealthy foods/no unhealthy spending)
* Set goals … see goals coming nearer … achieve goals!
Are you revved up now? Got any great fitness plans of your own? Share your ideas with the rest of us!