Have you tried these 5 essential oils for weight management? Have you ever wished that you could just switch the channel in your brain when you have unrelenting food cravings?
Well, you can at least start to change the channel, with the mood-shifting benefits of essential oils.
Shift Your Brain from Hungry to Happy with these scents!
My Top 5 Essential Oils For Weight Management Click To Tweet
My Favorite Essential Oils for Weight Management — Citrus
- Grapefruit: While I’m not fond of eating grapefruits, the vibrant scent of this juicy fruit is particularly effective in turning off food cravings.
- Tangerine: The smell of tangerines is uniquely happy, uplifting, and satisfying.
- Lemon and Lime: Everyone knows that lemons and limes smell fresh. They sure do. But not everyone knows that their fresh scent is also a (brain wiring) turnoff for cravings. Especially cravings for burgers, fries, chips, or heavy, fatty meals.
My Favorite Essential Oils for Weight Management — Spices
- Peppermint: You may not think of peppermint as spicey, but it sure is a happy scent. It elevates mood, makes us feel that all is right with the world, and hijacks the brain (in a helpful way) to think of positives. This is obviously the opposite of moods that can cause us to fall into mindless eating and overeating. (Try Spearmint, too!)
- Cinnamon: This satisfying scent is known for its connection to blood sugar regulation and metabolism boosts. It’s one of the most common scents used in weight loss essential oils blends.
My Favorite Essential Oil Blend for Weight Management
And speaking of blends, my favorite is doTERRA’s Slim & Sassy.
Referred to as a metabolic blend, this delightful scent includes the following: Grapefruit peel, lemon peel, peppermint plant, ginger root, and cinnamon bark.
To put these amazing scents into action, take a whiff straight from the bottle (or a personal diffuser) before meals or when cravings hit. Or experience them using any traditional diffuser.
Essential oils aren’t a miracle cure (there’s no such thing, of course). But they can be a wonderful addition to our weight management toolbox.
Looking for more information on essential oils? Check on this post – Do Essential Oils Really Work?
Of course, as always, feel free to contact me HERE if you have any questions.