I was asked the other day for the “gist” of what I say in my book, FibroWHYalgia: Why Rebuilding the Ten Root Causes of Chronic Illness Restores Chronic Wellness. That’s a tough request. Summaries feel so “bony” and leave out the good stuff.
Thinking of condensing the concepts of my book into bullet points made me dizzy. Instead, I thought what sorts of things am I always repeating? What would I want someone with chronic illness to know? I decided to list my ideas here and then expand on them in future posts.
These aren’t my final Top 5 things (as I’m constantly twirling on new ideas), but I did after all, have to start somewhere.
That’s a good lead-in. The first thing I’d like people to know is that you have to:
1) Start somewhere. Wherever you are in your health journey, start TODAY to learn something new and put it into practice.
2) Become your own health detective. Find out what’s buggin’ you. What works against you from the inside (allergies/intolerances/toxins)? What works against you from the outside (toxins, etc.)?
3) Have confidence in your decisions. Go ahead and seek the advice of experts, but you’re the only expert in “you.”
4) Do research. Self-educate. New ideas/information won’t reach you if you don’t reach out.
5) Be open to new ideas. Some of most important healing principles were once scoffed at. Stop scoffing. Start deciding for yourself what works and what doesn’t.
So, there you have it. Five ways to kick-start your plans for a healthier future. There’ll be more posts to come on this weighty subject, so let me know what you think!